Child Protection Policy
Redhurst Schools of Dancing is an established dance school in East Grinstead with students from 3-18years.
Redhurst Schools of Dancing is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people and believes that it is always unacceptable for a child or young person to experience abuse of any kind. We recognise our responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children and young people, by a commitment to recommend best practice which protects them.
This policy applies to our Staff, Chaperones, volunteers, students or anyone working on behalf of Redhurst Schools of Dancing.
We recognise that:
- the welfare of the child/young person is paramount
- all children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse
- working in partnership with children, young people, their parents, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting young people’s welfare.
The purpose of the policy:
- to provide protection for the children and young people at our school.
- to provide staff and volunteers with guidance on procedures they should adopt in the event that they suspect a child or young person may be experiencing, or be at risk of, harm.
We will seek to safeguard children and young people by:
- valuing them, listening to and respecting them
- adopting child protection guidelines through procedures and safe working practice for staff and volunteers
- recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made, ensuring all required checks are made when hiring staff and that those in regular contact with children hold a current DBS check (or non-UK equivalent)
- Provide appropriate and effective training and support to all staff and chaperones.
- sharing information about child protection and safe working practice with children, parents, staff and volunteers.
- Seek permission from parents before taking images (photographs or film) of students and inform them how and where the images will be used
- Report suspected neglect or abuse to:
- The Principal or the nominated member of staff at Redhurst Schools of Dancing,
- M.A.S.H: 01403 229900
- Police (for immediate concerns) 999
- Ensure that this policy is regularly updated
The nominated member of staff at Redhurst Schools of Dancing from now until the next review is